KONSTANTINIDEIO MUNICIPAL PARK
The area of the park was donated in 1914 by Constantinos B. Lytras to the School Board of Athienou for use as a school garden for the needs of Schools in Athienou.
Constantinos B. Lytras coming from a wealthy local family, was born in the late 19th century and died in 1956. He was distinguished for his pathological love for trees and was characterized as the “Agronomist” of Athienou.
In 1986, the municipal council, requested from the School Board of Athienou to grant the above area for the creation of the municipal park, a request which was granted.
The aim of the project was to create a modern park that would attract both young children and adults. It is the most important “green area” of the Municipality of Athienou and is a project that has upgraded the quality of life of its residents.
Improvements on a serious scale have been undertaken such as placing a special safety floor at the games’ area, the paving of corridors, the creation of birdhouses hosting various birds, upgrading of the events’ stage.