IMPORTANT NOTICE: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
This Cookies Policy (hereinafter referred to as the “Policy” ) explains how cookies are used on our website. This Policy may be amended from time to time. In case of amendment, we will inform you by appropriate means, such as by its publication on this website with the indication “Date of Last Amendment”. You can select and manage your Cookies preferences at any time by clicking the preferences button in the window which appears on your Cookies Policy screen.
What are Cookies?
More specifically, cookies provide personalised services such as, for example, you can choose the language in which you prefer to display our website www.athienou.org.cy and this preference be saved so that you do not have to re-select the language during your next visit to our website.
Types of cookies
There are two main types of cookies :
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies which expire at the end of a browser session. That is, when you leave the website. Session cookies allow the website to identify you as you browse the website during a single visit and allow you to use the website more efficiently.
- Persistent cookies: in contrast to session cookies, the persistent cookies are stored on the hard drive of your equipment and exist for each browsing on the specific website until their expiration or their deletion. Therefore, they allow a website to “recognise” you on your return, remember your preferences and specialise the services according to your preferences.
In addition to session cookies and persistent cookies, there may be other types of cookies which are placed by a website, in order to provide the administrator or third parties with useful information.
- To help us improve your experience when you visit our website.
- For the analysis of the performance of our website.
- To memorise your preferences, such as language selection.
- To enable you to return to our previous service searches.
- To identify errors on our website.
- To assist in data protection and the potential detection and investigation of malicious or fraudulent activity.
- To help us understand the traffic to our website, including the time and date of the visit, the time and date of the last visit, and other information.
- Striclty necessary cookies. These are cookies which are necessary for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies which allow you to enter a secured area.
- Analytical cookies or performance cookies. These allow us to identify you and count the number of visitors and monitor how visitors browse our website when they use it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, to ensure that users can easily find what they need and that web pages load quickly when a user asks to download a large file.
- Functionality cookies. We use these cookies to identify you when you return to our website. It also allows us to customise the content for you, to remember your preferences (for example, language selection).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you visited and the links you followed.
Some of our cookies may collect and store your personal information, such as your name and email address. We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and will ensure that your personal data is stored and handled in accordance with our Organization’s Data Protection and Confidentiality Policy, which is posted on our website.
How can you manage your cookies ?
You can select and manage at any time your preferences regarding the placement of cookies on your computer through the cookies management function which is always available. However, it is good to remember that if you reject any cookies, you may have limited access to certain features and areas of our website.